a Ramdom and Thoughtful account of our overly interesting lives...

Friday, February 1, 2008

Movie Etiquette PLEASE


Last night...Gibson and I went to see 27 dresses at the Nelco here. It was great---very much a fun, feel good, funny movie---Dont' see it winning any major awards, but still it was good! Well, since the movie theater here is SO busy, when we walked in, there were only 2 other people in the theater. After us, only 6 other people came in....4 ladies and then 2 girls. The 2 original people were sitting on about the 2nd row from the bottom, having movie etiquette like I do...we went up about 7 rows from the, to the middle and sat. I have my feel all propped up..nice and comfy..so excited about getting to watch the movie with my feet on the back of the chair in front of me! WELL, here come these 4 women and where do they sit...but in the 4 seats RIGHT in front of us...so much for my feet....they have this ENTIRE movie theater to choose from and they take the seat that I have my feet on! SO RUDE--THEN to make matters worse....one of them kept texting all during the movie--no, its not the same as talking on the phone, but she had one of those really bright new "whatever they are called" phones and it was nearly blinding....Not only has she taken my foot prop but I am BLINDED by her continuous texting---what is a 50 year old woman doing texting during an entire movie anyway! Anyway, after I finally had enough, we moved....I was just appalled! SO, please practice good movie etiquette next time you are there---don't enter another person's comfort zone unless it is packed and DON'T text during the movie---PLEASE!

1 comment:

odomfamilyfun said...

you are too funny. we always are aware of where we sit as we like to prop our feet up, too. and i HATE when people text. i think it is worse than talking on the phone...;) glad you started blogging again!!!