a Ramdom and Thoughtful account of our overly interesting lives...

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

And we made it home in one piece...

Headed to the Notre Dame in Paris, excuse the way we look, we had been up for WAY too many hours at this point.
At the Eiffel Tower in Paris. Again, looking WAY too cute.
Jane and I on the beach in Nice. Notice there is no sand, only smooth flat (well, kinda flat) rocks. Not the most comfortable beach to lay on but at least you didnt' get sandy.
Jane and I on our way up to Cascade Donjon, it was over 500 steps tto a waterfall overlooking the coastline in Nice, it was Gorgeous!
At dinner at the L'Meridian rooftop restaurant in Nice. The hair dryers over there were utterly useless, hence the reason for the lovely 'dos we have going on with our hair!


Jane, Anna Rives and I had a GREAT time on our trip. It was WONDERFUL. AND, I managed to pack in only a carry on. Well, I had my carry-on size suitcase and a REALLY REALLY REALLY big "personal item/purse" It was basically another duffel bag, but I survived. I did NOT only carry-on luggage on the way home, however. I wound up checking two bags and carrying on one that I bought there. Anyway, we had SO much fun. We left Tuesday, Aug 26th and flew into Paris. The flight was 8 hours from Atlanta, but FLEW by because Delta now has Movies on Demand on the back of all their seats. You can choose what movie you want to watch, start and stop it, watch re-runs of several tv shows, play games, watch music videos, whatever. I planned on having a few glasses of red wine and passing out, but that did not happen. Coming home was another story. Delta has not updated the planes that fly into Itlay with Movies on Demand yet, so we didn't have it. That 11 1/2 hour flight did NOT fly by. They showed 3 movies that I have never heard of, but even after we watched all 3 of those, we had 6 hours left. YUCK. Delta DESPERATELY needs to update. Anyway, we flew into Paris, then went to Nice, Venice, Florence and Rome, where we flew home from. It was BEAUTIFUL and we had great weather the entire trip. I think Nice and Venice were definitely my favorites HOWEVER, I really want to go back to Florence and go to the countryside. We were just in the city the entire time. I posted a few pics, I have a few funny stories to tell so stay tuned!!!

No comments: