a Ramdom and Thoughtful account of our overly interesting lives...

Thursday, December 20, 2007

I Must be really Bored


Hmmm, what to talk about? As I take a break from a stressful day of work....don't get me wrong, I love what I do...there are just days when I wonder about people...and that stresses me out. Why I let this get to me, I don't know...but it does. Anyway, I guess I should give a little update as to what has been going on our lives. For those of you that don't know....Gibson and I were married Feb 5, 2005. Our three year anniversary is coming up. Not really sure what we are going to do to celebrate that BUT I am sure we will figure something out. We live...well, it really depends on where you live to know where I am referring to. If you aren't familiar with the Mississippi Delta, we live in Greenville. For those fellow Delta residents, my address is Hollandale, but I actually live closer to Greenville than I do Hollandale. Really its called Longwood, right between Avon and Glen Allen. Since I am sure I have confused almost everyone, it is about 14 miles south of Greenville on Hwy 1, right off the Mississippi River. I live in the middle of nowhere, right in the middle of a bunch of rice/soybean fields (depending on the year) I love every minute of it.
After Katrina and I sat home for a month...and my husband saw how much I was actually spending on a month to do my job that I loved so much...I wont' say he made me quit, but I knew it was in my best interest. Since I am not the type to sit at home and eat bon bons watching Days...I needed something to keep me busy in the country....like keeping up with this house and yard is not enough...but I needed "my own money" Luckily the travel agent job fell into my lap pretty much and I have loved every minute of it. For those that know me, I am always the planner, instigator, get it together person...whatever...so this naturally was great fit for me. It has been lots of fun and an enormous learning experience, but I finally feel confident well, pretty confident in what I do. I spend hours researching if I don't know about somewhere already, but I promise you, I soon will if you are interested.
So, between that, trying to keep up with this house...and my extremely active dog Dutch that lives in it..trying to establish a green thumb, play tennis, do my part in all these clubs/committees I keep saying yes to....OH and be a wife...I stay pretty darn busy. So much for watching Days!!! SO I guess that it is for now.

No comments: