a Ramdom and Thoughtful account of our overly interesting lives...

Monday, June 2, 2008

AAAH.....the BEACH!






My family decided to take an "entire family" vacation to the beach in May. My mom, Megan, Smith and I drove down on Tuesday, Bradley came on Wednesday, and Gibson flew down on Friday. My dad was supposed to come but completely bailed on us...we were SO disappointed. Smith SO wanted to bury Big (my dad) in the sand. This personally was my first beach trip with a child, but we had a BALL. Smith LOVED LOVED LOVED LOVED the beach. He threw a fit each day when my mom made him come in out of the sun to eat lunch and take a nap. He got in plenty of beach time though. The water was still a little too cold to get in but the weather was GREAT the entire trip. I think next year we may try and go a week later. It was great when we were there because NO ONE was there yet. Everyone was still in school.
Smith had a ball flying the kite and throwing the ball. I bought this game where it is a really furry tennis ball and two paddles with velcro on them. The ball sticks to the paddle. Smith and Gibson had a GREAT time playing with this, as well as the kite. Gibson decided that my kite was too wimpy (keep in mind we had NO problems flying it and it might have cost $3) so he bought one of those trick kites....they spent all day trying to get that thing to fly. Sometimes the cheap stuff is SO much better.

No comments: