a Ramdom and Thoughtful account of our overly interesting lives...

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Back to Reality...and Tagged

SO, we are finally home. Sad to leave the beach, but glad to be home, only to probably leave again tomorrow to go to Starkville, but that is fine! Anyway, we had a great trip and Grand Cayman was beautiful, EXPENSIVE AS HECK, but Beautiful. I liked that you could pretty much go anywhere, walk anywhere, etc and it was VERY VERY safe. Kinda like Florida, not your typical Caribbean island AT ALL! Anyway, I go tagged by Emily, so here are 6 interesting things about me. I have never been tagged before so here I go, lets see if I can come up with 6 things.

1- I put lemons on my fries...not matter WHERE they are from. I really dont' like them other wise, unless they are from Burger King or McDonald's. I like those without, AND I just have PLENTY of salt. Wendy's has the best salt...the powder kind....but I don't like their fries best. And it drives me NUTS when I ask for several lemons and the waiter comes and drops one lemon in my drink...umm, excuse me....NOT WHAT I ASKED FOR. I get this from my friend Tricia and I have done it forever.

2- I love trashy reality TV.....Gibson laughs SO hard at me for this. But I could care less....The Real Housewives of Orange County, New York, Atlanta...Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making the Team....The Girls Next Door...I love it all. I record it and watch it when I get in the bed.

3- And I hope no one takes offense to this....We have waited to have children for a reason. I understand that I do NOT know what it is like to have children, I understand that my life WILL change once I have this baby, I understand that I will NOT be able to do all the same things as before once I have this baby, I understand that live will NEVER be the same after this baby, I understand all of this....got it....that does not make me an idiot. It drives me NUTS when people act like I have no idea what life is like with children...true, I don't have them yet...but I am smart enough and have been around them enough to have a pretty darn good idea...also, I am FULLY aware that I probably wont' be going to Grand Cayman for 9 days leaving my children at home or something like that, NOR will my life be the same as before. Why the heck do you think we do all this....WE DON'T HAVE THEM YET...for a reason! It drives me BONKERS when someone says....in response to hearing that I am going out of town, have been out of town, etc...."Well, enjoy it now, becuase that sure is all going to change once you have kids. You wont' be able to do all that with kids. You know that right. All your running around will stop once you have kids." UMM, yeah, I know that so please keep the thoughts to yourself. Sorry for the venting session...it just drives me NUTS. Now you all are going to be scared to death to say anything to me about having kids...that's not what I mean....there are just some people who literally act like I am not a true female and don't know what life is because I haven't had kids yet. And its mainly people I really don't even know that well that act like that!

4- I LOVE LOVE LOVE to travel. Why do you think I am a travel agent, its certainly not for the money...its because I love it and I get great perks. Also, we WILL continue to travel once we have kids. Maybe not as often or be gone as long, but we will continue to travel. Heck, may even take the kids with us alot...maybe not...but we will still travel, quite a bit!

5- My house may be completely unorganized, but my closet is obnoxiously organized. Color coded, sleeveless to long sleeved, shorts to capris to pants, you name it. AND I can tell in an instant if someone has been in my closet (this mainly was at home when my sister was in my closet or in college) My shoes too. Although, right now it is extrememly unorganized (to me at least...it still probably very organized to anyone else) becuase it is so small...and its driving me nuts.

6- I love love love love love to decorate for Christmas....the more stuff I have...the better. The garlands and my tree are nowhere NEAR complete until they are literally puking ornaments. Anyone who has ever been to my house Christmas knows this. This year, however, I am going to have severe depression. I am not even putting a tree up b/c I know it will upset me, so I am just going to avoid it altogether.

7- (I kinda went over) BUT I get really anxious about being late to the airport. It drives Gibson ABSOLUTELY NUTS. I want to be there in plenty of time and I want to be sitting at the gate with PLENTY of time. I missed a flight one time and have been anal about it ever since.

3 comments:

The Fab Five said...

You know that you won't be running around like you do all the time once a baby gets here.. right?? LOL

I love it! Ohand I'm SO sorry about Christmas. I feel lucky to have come to your Christmas party and witness the grand scheme!!! I loved it!! I envy it!! ha You would be totally depressed if you came to my house too b/c what I do have does your stuff little justice.

Katie McCrary said...

ok i'm responding with a big "i hear ya" on the one on kids. People did that to us constantly so I try to tell all new moms what I wanted to hear. We waited 5 years on purpose people. No nothing was wrong with us. Having a baby is the most fun thing we have ever done. It puts all our traveling to shame. If we had know Nash would be this much fun, we probably would have started on our honeymoon, but I am thankful for our 5 yrs alone. You won't even think about the things you are missing b/c those babies are so cute, you don't want to leave them. Being a parent is hard but it is also the most rewarding thing you will ever do! So don't let people bother you. I just started telling folks when they said things like that to me that , "Well you must not love and enjoy your baby as much as I do" that'll shut em up pretty fast! I get on my soap box when I hear people do that to new parents. So have fun, and cherish every moment b/c they grow up so fast and you can't get it back!!!!!

The Fab Five said...

oh and p.s. I would not trade our sitaution for the world, but I would have loved to have waited and travel and do grown up things for a few years before kids! I just told someone the other day who just got married.. you are young, take your time. Go do married people stuff!
They are just jealous Elisabeth