a Ramdom and Thoughtful account of our overly interesting lives...

Friday, November 21, 2008

Charging for Beverages Now???

I cant' believe I forgot about this. We used points and flew US Airways to Grand Cayman. I usually prefer NW or Delta, but this time we flew US since they had the best times and we got to use the least number of points. Anyway, on the way there, I just asked for 2 cups of ice since I had already bought a Caffeine Free Diet Coke at the airport. Well, on the way home, when the drink cart came by, I asked for water. The guy hands me a cup of ice and water, then continued to look at me. I was kinda like....Do you need something...and he said, yeah, $2. WHAT? I was shocked. You would think that on an almost 3 hour flight they would at least give you your drinks fee. Keep in mind we had already paid who knows what just because we had luggage. Still, had I not been so darn thirsty I would have handed it back to him. AND they had ZERO food. I pretty much expected to have to buy the food....you know know peanuts, crackers, something.... but they had NOTHING, NADA. Anyway, just wanted to forewarn you if you plan on flying US Airways anytime soon.

1 comment:

The Sabbatinis said...

I saw on the news where some airlines are charging $ 25 to talk to an actual person the phone with their company, so go figure...!! Have fun on your trip!=)