a Ramdom and Thoughtful account of our overly interesting lives...

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Forgot to tell you I passed my glucose test...

One thing I forgot. Because I have had a few fainting spells during this pregnancy (as I have always had from time to time) I just KNEW I was going to fail my glucose test. I normally have normal blood sugar, but it always on the high end of normal...SO, I just figured I would FAIL! WELL, I passed...134! I was WAY pumped. Of course, my appt was at 10:30am, by the time I got back there, took test, was waiting for a room, it was 11am. I had eaten supper early by I had something to do the night before and you know you can't eat after midnight. WELL, I was all excited about my glucose test, I was VERY pumped about my weight gain (I was scared I had gained a TON that month, but didn't), and practically skipping all aroudn the office BUT I hadn't eaten since about 7 the night before (I couldn't b/c of the test...before anyone gets mad at me for starving my child) and had to drink that LOVELY pure sugar drink that morning. I am sitting there waiting, all excited and BAM I was about to pass SMOOTH out. Thankfully, I noticed it coming on, told Connie, and she got me some peanuts! I completely pass out....just got a little woozy and hot! Anyway, once my appt was over I QUICKLY headed to WEndy's (it was the closest thing I saw) for some food! I was STARVING and VERY pumped I didnt' have to knock out sugar!!!

No comments: