a Ramdom and Thoughtful account of our overly interesting lives...

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Insomnia...NOT FUN

I have had trouble sleeping for awhile now. My doctor gave me Ambien which works ok. I took it before the ball because I would wake up to go the bathroom around midnight, start thinking about the ball, our house, or one of the other 10 million things I have going on, and I cant' fall back asleep. I wouldn't be able to fall asleep again until around 6am, then I would wake up again around 7am and be up for the day. It was KILLING me. I thought after the ball I would be able to quit taking it an be able to sleep..NOT SO MUCH. It is driving me nuts. I know everyone says it is just my body getting ready for this baby...well....I DISAGREE. This is NOT normal...I don't care what anyone says..it is flat out absurd and driving me NUTS. I am getting approximately 3 hrs of sleep a night and I KNOW that is not good for me or this baby. It also does not help that I have a bladder the size of a PEA and wake up to go to the bathroom every hour and half. I still feel good, but this insomnia is driving me NUTS.

2 comments:

Katie McCrary said...

i had restless leg syndrome and my dr. told me benadryl was safe to take. He told me that benadryl was the pm in tylenol. it really helped me.

Amy said...

I took 2 tylenol pm for the last 2 months of my 3rd pregnancy b/c I would wake up around 1 and go back to sleep about 4 and then have to get 2 other boys ready plus me and head out to teach 9 graders. Tylenol PM was my saving grace!!!