a Ramdom and Thoughtful account of our overly interesting lives...

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Opinions Please.....

Gibson and I bought a house about a week ago. We are starting renovations around the beginning of Feb. I know, I have GREAT timing. The JA Ball AND this in the same month....WHAT THE HECK have I gotten myself into. Anyway....Since there is no stopping now...I am just going with it. Hope no one wants to plan a trip in the next couple of months....just teasing! Anyway, we are re-doing the master bath and I am thinking about putting stained concrete counter tops in there. I really like the way they look and from what i have read they are pretty durable, especially for a bath. The get kinda beat up in a kitchen I think but I won't really have food or knives on them in a bathroom...plus, I like it when they get worn. Anyway, just wondering if anyone had any experience with them and what they thought. OH yeah, and Gibson is dying to put in a steam shower....although everything he keeps finding are these pre-fab structures that you buy and put in...NOT HAPPENING....they looks so, well, pre-fabricated. Anyway, we are going to build one, so if anyone has any input on that, or anything else for that matter. I will take it too!!!

1 comment:

Katie McCrary said...

we are about to do concrete countertops throughout our new house. Hubby owns a concrete pumping business, so this is right up his alley. Send me your email. From what we have learned, the mix design is very very important to avoid cracking. Do you read pioneerwoman.com, they just did them in her new kitchen. Go look at the process. Send me you email and I'll send you all my resources we have researched.