a Ramdom and Thoughtful account of our overly interesting lives...

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Supper Club Christmas Party

Friday night several of us wen to the annual Dinner Club Christmas Party. It was kinda small crowd since so many people felt the need to run in the St Jude 1/2 Marathon the next day...(good for them, but anything I will be doing anytime soon!) But we all still had a great time, some a little TOO much fun. I do have to say that I am QUITE proud of myself for staying up until well past 2am. YES, pregnant and 2am! We stayed at the Country Club until about 1, then the DD (that would be me) took us all over to Marney and Paul's for late night (yes, we still do that....they are few and far between, but still fun) Well, Carrie made me drop she and Jay off, much to Jay's disappointment...but I think he appreciated it Saturday!!! Anyway, after our 2am pizza delivery, we all decided to get the book out to do the test to see what my baby is! After about 15 or so tests, they ALL (well, all but about 2) said it was a boy. Gibson was so disappointed....he says he isn't, but I KNOW he wants a girl. Anyway, Johanna's said the Emelie was a boy and she obviously is not, so we shall see. I go back to the doctor the 19th to find out! Oh, and how did I feel the next morning. Well, I can guarantee that I felt MUCH better than several others at the party, but I still did NOT want to get up to go ring the bell at Kroger when my alarm went off at 10am. I did that, came home and got on the couch until 3. Went to Johanna's to watch the Bama/Florida game, then was back in the bed at 7. I was a trooper, but I sure felt it the next day. I don't see me making too many of those!
Gibson and his rapidly growing pregnant wife...ME...at the Christmas Party.

Jay and Carrie....semi late night!

Jay, Paul and Gibson! These three are trouble when they get together!

Marney and Paul.
Jane and Gene....second attempt! First one wasn't quite so good!
Nolan and April....again, their second shot as well!!!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Hey, you do not look pregnant from the photo that I saw! I thought you looked great! Pregnancy looks good on you to me!

Nancy said...

Well, when I was prego, you could tell it in my face, my hands, my kneck, everywhere. You still don't look pregnant to me...I mean from the chest up that is...
Anyway, would love a weekend at Mary's or anywhere with friends...we will be down briefly for Christmas, but will return for a longer visit later.